Monday, March 15, 2010

Kelley as a World Missionary- Beginnings

Well, this is just the beginning for the Baby of this Jackson family. He has forgone all his worldy goods and is training to become a Missionary. Funny it seemed just yesterday that he was a baby. I know, it's the Mom in me. But I am excited and a little scared at the same time. My son is going to God knows where to do God's work with people who have less than less and he sees this as a blessing?!?!! Now for all of my agnostics, I am sure you are hearing me loud and clear but since I am a Christian and have been one since I was a mere babe. I do understand the call....I've even served as a Missionary myself. And I am amazed that this is Kelley's life choice. He does this willingly. No fighting only the hope of adventure as he wins souls to Christ. For this I really should be grateful. I am but.... I am used to preacher's even ones who don't really believe what they preach but this is the "job" they chose to they make the best of it. I am also used to the ones who preach because they are just gifted like that, especially in the black community where I grew up. My Mom and her friends would sometimes say..."oh, he is doing the best he can at living uprightly but lawd he can preach". But then, I must give the floor to the preachers who really enjoy what they do...all of them, black, white, asian, hindus, buddists, priests they know they have a call and they give up nearly everything to pursue it. The Kathryn Kulman's of our times, the Dr. Paul Walker and Pastor Cymbala's who go to places so different from themselves and tell people about a Christ who loves and who allows choices and who died for us all. This seems to be the path of my son in it's most inifinite degree. Leave hot showers to go to places where the water is shared by the locals animals and humans. To give up television and embrace the long dark night under the stars. To shake a hand or carry a child and all the while whispering a prayer of comfort....perhaps he will learn new languages and come home to teach us. Perhaps he will not come home but find a new home changing lives forever. This is my Kelley. The little boy who nearly died at 3 weeks old. The little boy who was healed by pronouncing fervently "In the Name of Jesus of Nazerath, be healed" as I held him as a young Mom home alone not knowing what else to do because the doctors had given him up. This same Kelley who just recovered from surgery due to his diagnosed Chron's disease. He continues to fight battles...to recover. His goal is to tell others of this Christ. No I don't understand it all but I accept his decision and support him with all my being. Won't you join me. Even if you are agnostic and may never believe as we do in our Christ...Kelley will also help build home and schools and care for the sick and read to the children and he will dance and they will probably show him a step or two. More than anything just standing alongside the locals where ever he goes to help. Join us. An adventure of the love kind. Again, Join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment