Friday, July 6, 2012

Political views and such

I haver a friend who seems to be the kindest, most loving guy ever.  That is until President Barack Obama is mentioned. His demeanor takes on that of some sort of superhero aiming to rid anyone of the thought that our President is good in any way.  To me, my friend's views come off just  horrible.  He acts like a woman scorned. His page is filled with hate and he uses scripture to back up his everyword.  Knowing him for more than 10 years, practically being apart of his family and learning this about him makes me feel bamboozled. I don't know what to do.  If I approach him, he will vehemently defend his legal right of freedom of speech.  However, I just wonder, what about as a Christian?  Do we have the right to say whatever we want to about a leader when the scripture instructs us to pray for those who have rule over us? Admittedly,  there have been Presidents who I havn't agreed with on most of what they stood for, however, I did not take an open forum and condemn that President and his family.  Well, my friend is doing just that.  He comes off as as harsh.  His words seem contrary to what and who he believes. Not to long ago, he even wrote  these words when referring to our President:  "The devil is in the details".  I read that and wondered what about the scripture that reads "love conquers a multitude of sins".  The mere fact that most of the time when Jesus was speaking about all types of sins to avoid  or when Paul was addressing the same issues both of them were talking to CHURCH PEOPLE.  God know the people who hates him and He says, "Behold I stand at the door and knock...."  I havn't read yet where He yells and spits and tells us we are all going to Hell if we don't do what He says and we better do it right now OR ELSE.  He call is for us to love.  Love above all.  Love so much we forget about ourselves and concentrate on Him. 

(I don't know.  And I shouldn't care.  But it bothers me.  It bothers the hell out of me.  At some point, we have to invoke what we believe.  Our God is a God of love.  So in the worst of times we are to find a way to Praise HIM and not condemn our fellow and potential joint-heir.) 

Last time I looked he had a picture of the President taking off his shoes to enter a Muslim Mosque.  He critized that action.  I'm thinking that if we live in America where we have the right to choose and such.  What is wrong with respecting another person's religion? I'd like to ask him?  I'd even venture to say, "hey you know that our Bible even instructs that if our brother does not eat meat to honor that, right?  So what was so wrong with President Obama taking off his shoes in respect. Was he to say, I am the President AND a Christian, AND I am NOT taking off my shoes! Seems easier to just respect their mosque.  Visit and go.  Afterall, this is an election year.   Anyway repecting is a form of  love.  And "Love does not provoke.  Love endures. all things".  Somewhere along the way my friend seems to have lost his way of soul-winning and is choosing to be a member of the popular/ be like me-minded thinkers of our world.   You know what I mean, the people who carry the tone of ...if you are not like me... you are 'one of them' and we hate them just because...sort of like someone said to me about Hitler.  He had dark hair and eyes but convinced a nation of people to kill everyone who looked like him and perserve that which he called the pure nation (you remember, blond hair, blue eyes). 

As a Christian, I am reminded to imitate Christ, to walk as dear children.  Children love laughter, they don't like being bullied into believing anything or doing anything.  They greet you with arms open and hope in their faces.  They want to tell you about their day and they want you to listen and spend time with them. Not too much because they want to play.  They enjoy being together, even if is not in the same room.  But my friend denounces President Obama.  He types misleading, bully colored prayers. I barely recognized him anymore. The saddest part is that his posting are so strong against a man who shares his skin color...a man who is a father like he is...a married who fell in love and married the woman of his dreams just like my friend did they have so many similarities except my friend fills pages of disparaging remarks about a man with whom he shares so many commonalities.  

1 comment: